I am a B.E in Information Technology form Lingaya's
Institute of Management and Technology Faridabad, India.
I have worked on VC++, MFC, ASP, ASP.NET ,Sql Server. Currently
I am working on Visual C++ and MFC.
I made a free open source firewall for windows
which can be find in MYProjects
I am currently working in GloalLogic, Noida.
For any comments and suggestions Contact Me at :
MySpace profile: Here
- Ctrl + Escape or Win: Display start menu.
- Shift + F10 or AppsKey: Display context menu.
- Win + E: Open Windows Explorer.
- Win + R: Open Run dialog.
- Win + M: Minimize all windows.
- Win + Shift + M: Undo minimize all windows.
- Win + D: Toggle minimize all windows. or toggle desktop view, using Show_Desktop.scf, while MinimizeAllWindows doesn't minimize dialog boxes (including Properties windows).'.
- Windows Hotkeys: Activate system tray. Arrow keys select, Enter double-clicks, and AppsKey or Shift + F10 right-clicks.
- Win + L (XP Only): Locks keyboard. Similar to Lock Workstation.
- Win + F or F3: Open Find dialog. (All Files) F3 may not work in some applications which use F3 for their own find dialogs.
- Win + Control + F: Open Find dialog. (Computers)
- Win + U: Open Utility Manager.
- Win + F1: Open Windows help.
- Win + Pause: Open System Properties dialog.
- Win + Tab: Cycle through taskbar buttons. Enter clicks, AppsKey or Shift + F10 right-clicks.
- Win + Shift + Tab: Cycle through taskbar buttons in reverse.
- Alt + Tab: Display CoolSwitch. More commonly known as the AltTab dialog.
- Alt + Shift + Tab: Display CoolSwitch; go in reverse.
- Alt + Escape: Send active window to the bottom of the z-order.
- Alt + Shift + Escape: Activate the window at the bottom of the z-order.
- Alt + F4: Close active window; or, if all windows are closed, open shutdown dialog.
- Shift while a CD is loading: Bypass AutoPlay.
- Shift while login: Bypass startup folder. Only those applications will be ignored which are in the startup folder, not those started from the registry (Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\)
- Ctrl + Alt + Delete or Ctrl + Alt + NumpadDel (Both NumLock states): Invoke the Task Manager or NT Security dialog.
- Ctrl + Shift + Escape (2000/XP ) or (Ctrl + Alt + NumpadDot) : Invoke the task manager. On earlier OSes, acts like Ctrl + Escape.
- Printscreen: Copy screenshot of current screen to clipboard.
- Alt + Printscreen: Copy screenshot of current active window to clipboard.
- Ctrl + Alt + Down Arrow: Invert screen. Untested on OSes other than XP.
- Ctrl + Alt + Up Arrow: Undo inversion.
- Win + B : Move focus to systray icons.
- Ctrl + C or Ctrl + Insert: Copy.
- Ctrl + X or Shift + Delete: Cut.
- Ctrl + V or Shift + Insert: Paste/Move.
- Ctrl + N: New... File, Tab, Entry, etc.
- Ctrl + S: Save.
- Ctrl + O: Open...
- Ctrl + P: Print.
- Ctrl + Z: Undo.
- Ctrl + A: Select all.
- Ctrl + F: Find...
- Ctrl+W : to close the current window
- Ctrl + F4: Close tab or child window.
- F1: Open help.
- F11: Toggle full screen mode.
- Alt or F10: Activate menu bar.
- Alt + Space: Display system menu. Same as clicking the icon on the titlebar.
- Escape: Remove focus from current control/menu, or close dialog box.
- Tab: Forward one item.
- Shift + Tab: Backward one item.
- Ctrl + Tab: Cycle through tabs/child windows.
- Ctrl + Shift + Tab: Cycle backwards through tabs/child windows.
- Enter: If a button's selected, click it, otherwise, click default button.
- Space: Toggle items such as radio buttons or checkboxes.
- Alt + (Letter): Activate item corresponding to (Letter). (Letter) is the underlined letter on the item's name.
- Ctrl + Left: Move cursor to the beginning of previous word.
- Ctrl + Right: Move cursor to the beginning of next word.
- Ctrl + Up: Move cursor to beginning of previous paragraph. This and all subsequent Up/Down hotkeys in this section have only been known to work in RichEdit controls.
- Ctrl + Down: Move cursor to beginning of next paragraph.
- Shift + Left: Highlight one character to the left.
- Shift + Right: Highlight one character to the right.
- Shift + Up: Highlight from current cursor position, to one line up.
- Shift + Down: Highlight from current cursor position, to one line down.
- Ctrl + Shift + Left: Highlight to beginning of previous word.
- Ctrl + Shift + Right: Highlight to beginning of next word.
- Ctrl + Shift + Up: Highlight to beginning of previous paragraph.
- Ctrl + Shift + Down: Highlight to beginning of next paragraph.
- Home: Move cursor to top of a scrollable control.
- End: Move cursor to bottom of a scrollable control.
Generic File Browser
- Arrow Keys: Navigate.
- Shift + Arrow Keys: Select multiple items.
- Ctrl + Arrow Keys: Change focus without changing selection. "Focus" is the object that will run on Enter. Space toggles selection of the focused item.
- (Letter): Select first found item that begins with (Letter).
- BackSpace: Go up one level to the parent directory.
- Alt + Left: Go back one folder.
- Alt + Right: Go forward one folder.
- Enter: Activate (Double-click) selected item(s).
- Alt + Enter: View properties for selected item.
- F2: Rename selected item(s).
- Ctrl + NumpadPlus: In a Details view, resizes all columns to fit the longest item in each one.
- Delete: Delete selected item(s).
- Shift + Delete: Delete selected item(s); bypass Recycle Bin.
- Ctrl while dragging item(s): Copy.
- Ctrl + Shift while dragging item(s): Create shortcut(s).
In tree pane, if any:
- Left: Collapse the current selection if expanded, or select the parent folder.
- Right: Expand the current selection if collapsed, or select the first subfolder.
- NumpadAsterisk: Expand currently selected directory and all subdirectories. No undo.
- NumpadPlus: Expand currently selected directory.
- NumpadMinus: Collapse currently selected directory.
- Right Shift for eight seconds: Toggle FilterKeys on and off. FilterKeys must be enabled.
- Left Alt + Left Shift + PrintScreen: Toggle High Contrast on and off. High Contrast must be enabled.
- Left Alt + Left Shift + NumLock: Toggle MouseKeys on and off. MouseKeys must be enabled.
- NumLock for five seconds: Toggle ToggleKeys on and off. ToggleKeys must be enabled.
- Shift five times: Toggle StickyKeys on and off. StickyKeys must be enabled.
Microsoft Natural Keyboard with IntelliType Software Installed
- Win + L: Log off Windows.
- Win + P: Open Print Manager.
- Win + C: Open control panel.
- Win + V: Open clipboard.
- Win + K: Open keyboard properties.
- Win + I: Open mouse properties.
- Win + A: Open Accessibility properties.
- Win + Space: Displays the list of Microsoft IntelliType shortcut keys.
- Win + S: Toggle CapsLock on and off.
Remote Desktop Connection Navigation
- Ctrl + Alt + End: Open the NT Security dialog.
- Alt + PageUp: Switch between programs.
- Alt + PageDown: Switch between programs in reverse.
- Alt + Insert: Cycle through the programs in most recently used order.
- Alt + Home: Display start menu.
- Ctrl + Alt + Break: Switch the client computer between a window and a full screen.
- Alt + Delete: Display the Windows menu.
- Ctrl + Alt + NumpadMinus: Place a snapshot of the entire client window area on the Terminal server clipboard and provide the same functionality as pressing Alt + PrintScreen on a local computer.
- Ctrl + Alt + NumpadPlus: Place a snapshot of the active window in the client on the Terminal server clipboard and provide the same functionality as pressing PrintScreen on a local computer.
Mozilla Firefox Shortcuts
- Ctrl + Tab or Ctrl + PageDown: Cycle through tabs.
- Ctrl + Shift + Tab or Ctrl + PageUp: Cycle through tabs in reverse.
- Ctrl + (1-9): Switch to tab corresponding to number.
- Ctrl + N: New window.
- Ctrl + T: New tab.
- Ctrl + L or Alt + D or F6: Switch focus to location bar.
- Ctrl + Enter: Open location in new tab.
- Shift + Enter: Open location in new window.
- Ctrl + K or Ctrl + E: Switch focus to search bar.
- Ctrl + O: Open a local file.
- Ctrl + W: Close tab, or window if there's only one tab open.
- Ctrl + Shift + W: Close window.
- Ctrl + S: Save page as a local file.
- Ctrl + P: Print page.
- Ctrl + F or F3: Open find toolbar.
- Ctrl + G or F3: Find next...
- Ctrl + Shift + G or Shift + F3: Find previous...
- Ctrl + B or Ctrl + I: Open Bookmarks sidebar.
- Ctrl + H: Open History sidebar.
- Escape: Stop loading page.
- Ctrl + R or F5: Reload current page.
- Ctrl + Shift + R or Ctrl + F5: Reload current page; bypass cache.
- Ctrl + U: View page source.
- Ctrl + D: Bookmark current page.
- Ctrl + NumpadPlus or Ctrl + Equals (+/=): Increase text size.
- Ctrl + NumpadMinus or Ctrl + Minus: Decrease text size.
- Ctrl + Numpad0 or Ctrl + 0: Set text size to default.
- Alt + Left or Backspace: Back.
- Alt + Right or Shift + Backspace: Forward.
- Alt + Home: Open home page.
- Ctrl + M: Open new message in integrated mail client.
- Ctrl + J: Open Downloads dialog.
- F6: Switch to next frame. You must have selected something on the page already, e.g. by use of Tab.
- Shift + F6: Switch to previous frame.
- Apostrophe ('): Find link as you type.
- Slash (/): Find text as you type.
Note: Must have "keyboard shortcuts" on in settings.
- C: Compose new message.
- Shift + C: Open new window to compose new message.
- Slash (/): Switch focus to search box.
- K: Switch focus to the next most recent email. Enter or "O" opens focused email.
- J: Switch focus to the next oldest email.
- N: Switch focus to the next message in the "conversation." Enter or "O" expands/collapses messages.
- P: Switch focus to the previous message.
- U: Takes you back to the inbox and checks for new mail.
- Y: Various actions depending on current view:
Has no effect in "Sent" and "All Mail" views.
- Inbox: Archive email or message.
- Starred: Unstar email or message.
- Spam: Unmark as spam and move back to "Inbox."
- Trash: Move back to "Inbox."
- Any label: Remove the label.
- X: "Check" an email. Various actions can be performed against all checked emails.
- S: "Star" an email. Identical to the more familiar term, "flagging."
- R: Reply to the email.
- A: Reply to all recipients of the email.
- F: Forward an email.
- Shift + R: Reply to the email in a new window.
- Shift + A: Reply to all recipients of the email in a new window.
- Shift + F: Forward an email in a new window.
- Shift + 1 (!): Mark an email as spam and remove it from the inbox.
- G then I: Switch to "Inbox" view.
- G then S: Switch to "Starred" view.
- G then A: Switch to "All Mail" view.
- G then C: Switch to "Contacts" view.
- G then S: Switch to "Drafts" view.
List of F1-F9 Key Commands for the Command Prompt
- F1 / right arrow: Repeats the letters of the last command line, one by one.
- F2: Displays a dialog asking user to "enter the char to copy up to" of the last command line
- F3: Repeats the last command line
- F4: Displays a dialog asking user to "enter the char to delete up to" of the last command
- F5: Goes back one command line
- F6: Enters the traditional CTRL+Z (^z)
- F7: Displays a menu with the command line history
- F8: Cycles back through previous command lines (beginning with most recent)
- F9: Displays a dialog asking user to enter a command number, where 0 is for first command line entered.
- Alt+Enter: toggle fullScreen mode.
- up/down: scroll thru/repeat previous entries
- Esc: delete line
Note: The buffer allows a maximum of 50 command lines. After this number is reached, the first line will be replaced in sequence.
Copyright 2012, ProgrammerWorld.NET